HOW TO APPLY FOR A VISA
Under a new reciprocal agreement between the
Vietnamese and American governments, since August 29, 2016, the Vietnamese
government has issued multiple-entry visas valid to one year to US passport holders entering Vietnam with the following purposes: tourism,
conferences, working with organizations and enterprises in Vietnam, and
other purposes, and meeting legal requirements under Vietnamese immigration
laws. The Consulate General of Vietnam in San
Francisco will only issue 12 month multiple-entry
visas to US citizens; one-month and 3 month visas are no longer valid.
A VISA to Vietnam can be applied for by mail or in person
at the Consulate General of Vietnam in San
Francisco as early as 6 months prior to the date of
travel. The application does not necessarily need to be at the Consulate in person.
I. The application package includes:
(1) The application form must be completed online, printed out and signed. Please visit http://visa.mofa.gov.vn or click here for ONLINE FORM
* Important note:
- Choose ENGLISH language in top right corner.
- Place of visa submission and collection should be CONSULATE GENERAL OF VIETNAM IN SAN FRANCISCO.
- Field with (*) is compulsory.
* In case it is impossible to complete the visa application online, Please download a PDF VISA APPLICATION FORM and send to the Consulate.
passport, or a Copy of the passport.
- It is required that the passport must have at least 1 month validity prior to the date of exit from Vietnam and/or 6 month validity to meet airlines’ requirements.
- The proposed date of entry if the date your visa will be valid from. The visa will be expires 1 or 3 months after this date. There are different fees for 1 or 3 months visa. You can enter and exit the country on any date within this time window of 1 or 3 months. It is not possible to enter or exit out of the above mentioned time frame printed on the visa.
01 color photo (2 x 2 inch) if the original passport is submitted; or 02 color photos for a
loose leaf visa in case a copy of the passport is submitted. The loose leaf visa then needed to be stapled to the passport.
fees can be paid in CASH if applied in
person. Otherwise, the fees must be in the form of MONEY ORDER, or
CASHIER’S CHECK, or CERTIFIED CHECK payable to “The Consulate of Vietnam”. A
group of applicants may submit combined payment in one money order or certified
prepaid return envelope if the applicant requests the visa to be returned by
mail. The Consulate recommends that applicant(s) use USPS Express Mail or FedEx
with the tracking numbers. USPS - United
States Postal Service (prepaid postage stamp envelope or return label) can be
bought online at www.usps.com
or prepaid return FedEx label can be bought online at www.fedex.com.
A group of applicants may provide one returned envelope. You are advised to
keep the TRACKING NUMBER or your own reference.II. Processing time takes up to 3 working days. Expedited processing requires 24 hours after the Consulate has
received the complete application package (additional fees required).
* Upon receiving the visas, applicants are
advised to double check the accuracy of all the information and inform the
Consulate of any errors immediately. Otherwise, they will solely bear
responsibility for any hindrance afterwards.
For further information, contact the Consular Section